Do I need a permit to install or make a change to my driveway?

-A A +A

Yes, if your driveway is on a "town" road, an application must be obtained at the Selectman's Office for any new or changed driveway. If you front on a "state" road, you must contact the State of Connecticut Department of Transportation in Thomaston, telephone 860-283-4973.